Sunday 24 July 2011

"I Sithed my pants."

Family Guy: Blue Harvest

So, not technically a film but a fantastic Family Guy realisation of Star Wars Episode 4. At only 47 minutes long, this brings you the best bits of the film in classic Family Guy form with its dark humour and entertaining one-liners.

It's a bit strange seeing all the different Family Guy characters playing different roles within the film. Chris as Luke Skywalker, his little brother Stewie as Darth Vader, their mum Lois as Princess Leia and Peter as Han Solo. What amazed me was the one second appearance of Meg as the monster in the trash compactor in the Death Star.

But for me, the outstanding performance of Blue Harvest goes to Herbert as Obi-Wan Kenobi, the creepy old man who seems to pray on the young Chris. I was in stitches when he performed the scene from Dirty Dancing on the Death Star.

This episode of Family Guy is an absolute must watch for any fan of Star Wars or Family Guy. It is the start of the Family Guy Star Wars Trilogy and remains one of my favourite ever episodes. Perfect humour for a Sunday morning.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment